Your Ad Here

Sunday, June 22, 2008

[PrePaidCellPhones] Data Cable & Software for PN 215/Audiovox 8915

I got my son a prepaid account with PagePlus (which piggybacks off of
Verizon). Little did I know at the time that PagePlus is either not set up
to send multi media messages (or has not enabled that feature yet for
whatever reason). So he can't send/receive photos or MP3s, and he can't
download songs from Phonezoo. This is a 16 year old!!! Not being able to
have his own song on the phone or exchange the pictures he takes with the
phone is making this carrier totally undesirous for my son. He puts his
phone on SILENT simply because he doesn't want the dorky ring tones that
came with the phone to embarrass him.

We purchased a USED Pantech PN 215. I've heard that Pantech is compatible
with the Audiovox 8915 data cable, but I also saw people posting that they
got the cable to work with BitPim, and see files but they were UNABLE to
transfer sounds and pictures - which is the ONE thing I want to do.

According to the BitPim.org, the Audiovox 8900 is incompatible with BitPim,
but I'm uncertain as to whether it is or isn't compatible with Audiovox
8915. That specific model is not addressed either way.

Meanwhile, I managed to get a Pantech USB data cable, Model PDC-UAC5 given
to me for free from Verizon. Would it work with BitPim or any other software
to SEND and RECEIVE pictures and sounds? I'm wondering if I should just try
downloading BitPm and attempt using it with the Pantech 215. If it's
incompatible, do I risk messing up the phone just by trying to work with it?

Please help so we can make use of the our investment for this PagePlus
account. If I can't get the PN 215 to send/receive pics & MP3s, then my
only other option is another Verizon phone that will do that with a data
cable. I'd like to avoid spending MORE money for another phone.

Thanks,
Mary

__._,_.___
You have been invited to join Yuwie by John. When you join, you will be
instantly connected to John and John's friends. Click the link below to join.

http://www.yuwie.com/yuwie.asp?r=483829&vid=2147324

What is Yuwie?
=================
First off, Yuwie is 100% FREE. Yuwie is like any other "connect with friends" or social networking site. But we have one major difference.

Use Yuwie - Get Paid!

Yuwie pays you to blog, upload pictures, refer friends, chat, hang out, etc.
Join us now at http://www.yuwie.com/yuwie.asp?r=483829&vid=2147324
MARKETPLACE

Blockbuster is giving away a FREE trial of - Blockbuster Total Access.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Search Ads

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

bj vadis' fantasy novelblog

.

Popular Posts